Get free Tech Support and Training Courses:
Since launching my own business, I’ve received many requests for free email, phone, and in person technical support.
I’ve also had quite a few request for free or low cost vouchers for my training courses.
So in today’s article entitled “Free,” I list the top free resources available:
Free Tech Support:
As an automation consultant I offer free consulting via my website, TheAutomationBlog.com.
If you have a technical question, just find an existing article on a related topic and post your question as a comment.
Then if I or another reader knows the answer you’ll often get a response within a day or two.
What about free email, phone, and live consulting?
I currently do not offer free consulting via email, phone, or in-person.
I do offer paid consulting services at a rate of $100 per hour, and you can find out more about the services I’m currently offering at InsightsInAutomation.com/consulting
NOTE: Rockwell does offer some free support services, and last time I checked they included:
- Free telephone tech support on Component devices including the Micro800, as well as on Software Activations
- Free online tech support via chat on Component devices including the Micro800, as well as on Software Activations at www.ab.com
- Thousands of free Tech Notes in their knowledgebase at www.ab.com
- Free user to user support forums at www.ab.com
- And many Rockwell distributors also offer their customers free phone and in-person support as well
Free and Discounted Training Courses:
As an automation trainer I offer free and discounted training courses on my website, TheAutomationSchool.com.
And while not all of my courses are offered for free, many are listed at discounted rates.
I do also offer custom online paid training services at a rate of $100 per hour, and you can find out more about the training services I currently offer at InsightsInAutomation.com/consulting
NOTE: Rockwell does offer some free training courses, and last time I checked they included:
- Local Rockwell “on tour” courses
- Regional Rockwell Automation on the Move trade shows
- Annual Automation Fair
- Note: Most of the training documents from the above sessions can be downloaded for free from www.ab.com
- Note: Many Rockwell distributors also offer free and low cost training to their customers.
The Automation Guy